1. They walk you through the entire mortgage process. Good mortgage loan officers will go out of their way to make sure that their clients understand what the mortgage process entails, especially first-time home buyers. This way, you’ll know what loans you are eligible for and what their basic requirements are. You'll also know what specific documents you’ll need to provide in order to qualify. The very best in the industry notify you, step by step, as you move through the home buying process.
2. They get back to you. They pick up when you call! The reply to your texts and emails. One of the best characteristics a mortgage loan officer can possess is responsiveness because it shows that you’re a priority and you're taken seriously. If you're continuously trying to get in touch with someone and do not receive a timely reply, not only are you going to get frustrated, but it will take longer than necessary to complete the process.
3. They welcome questions…and ask a few of their own. Even if you’ve bought and sold a piece of real estate before, you may still have some questions that you would like to ask. Aside from addressing all of your concerns, a mortgage loan officer should also take the time to ask you questions to determine what financial option would benefit you the most. Plus, by raising these key points, a good loan officer can help you meet the loan requirements if you currently don't. They are always willing to get the information you need, even if it's new to them too!
4. They are organized. (and have a supportive team!) In order to be successful in the mortgage industry, one has to be able to create and keep up with a structured schedule, listing every to-do that must be completed. How would you like to work with a mortgage loan officer, for instance, who plans to meet with you without realizing that he or she needs to be somewhere else at that same time? You probably would have a negative experience dealing with such disorder and confusion.
5. They are direct. One of the best qualities of a good mortgage loan originator is being forthright. You want to know that whatever question you ask, the mortgate loan originator will answer honestly instead of evasively. Building trust between the two of you is fundamentally important. You need to trust them and know that their word is solid.
6. They continuously learn more about their field. Life long learners make amazing loan officers! The mortgage industry is an ever-changing field, so keeping up to date is critical. If you don't work with someone who is aware of these changes, you will not receive the best possible guidance regarding your various loan options.
7. They don’t put any pressure on their clients. Deciding on what type of loan you would like to receive is a big decision. A good mortgage loan officer won’t try to rush you as you contemplate your choices. You'll get all the time you need to decide what makes the most sense for you. Exploring your options is one of the most important parts. Feel comfortable and take your time.
We would love to be that resource for you! Feel free to reach out to us here on the website, or use any of the tools to play around and explore your options on your own, until your ready to connect! We will be here then!